Courtesy of the Manitou Art Center
The MAC has been approved for funds to support its maker members’ professional growth and development.
If you qualify, you will set professional goals and we will provide you with training, tools and a free 22/7 membership to help you reach them.
The grant will fund an access badge for the duration of your eligibility or until the grant funding period ends in December 2023. It will fund $50 of your rent each month if you are a studio artist.
Additional funds will be available for the tools, supplies and training you need to reach your documented professional goals.
An example of potential professional goals might be:
- To build a professional online/eCommerce presence — build a website or use Shopify Store, Facebook and/or Instagram Shop or Manitou Made;
- To be able to shoot professional product photographs;
- To utilize design and presentation software such as Canva or Adobe Illustrator;
- To use your smartphone to capture video and use in social media reels;
- Get your brand and products in front of customers using social media best practices; and
- To sell your artwork in local galleries.
Applicants must live in El Paso County but NOT Colorado Springs. That includes unincorporated El Paso County, Manitou Springs, Fountain, Palmer Lake, Monument, Calhan, Green Mountain Falls and Ramah.
Must not exceed income thresholds (see chart).
Apply at: form.jotform.com/223266782187162. Upon completing the eligibility form, we will let you know the next steps toward goal setting and training.
For more information, email Maria Navaratne, firstname.lastname@example.org.