Manitou seeks feedback with Ruxton Corridor project meeting

News  /  Village

Courtesy image

City staff and the engineering consultant will present the most recent design for the Ruxton Corridor Infrastructure Improvement Project at a community meeting 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 2, at City Hall, 606 Manitou Ave.

The design was created using the Ruxton Avenue Use and Impact Study. Now that the design has become more detailed, the city is asking for community feedback.

The long-awaited project was created through the findings and community engagement of the Ruxton Functionality Study. It will improve the sidewalks, maintain on-street parking for residents, maintain two travel lanes and, most importantly, underground overhead utility lines and improving water and sanitary infrastructure.

JR Engineering was selected as the design consultant and is overseeing several sub-contractors. Because of the narrow corridor and old infrastructure, a great deal of effort has already gone into completing subsurface engineering. Utility consultant SurvWest is the consultant leading the utilities mapping effort.

Although details are still being developed, the project team is working to begin construction on Phase I, between Hydro and Winter streets, in late 2023 and into early 2024. Construction-related traffic impacts aren’t anticipated during the summer season, since project planners are scheduling work that can be started and completed from November to April.

The project is 82 percent federally funded through the Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments, with the city providing the remaining 18 percent.

More information here.

If so, we'd love for you to share it with your friends and followers! Sharing this article can help spread valuable information and spark important conversations. Simply click a share button below!